Wednesday 26 September 2012

Bagnas



Bagnas



I’ve spend two days now at a school in Bagnas, called Basanta primary. It is a great little school, with much better resources than previous schools I have visited. They even have a library. The children are really friendly, the only problem that I have is getting them to answer open-ended questions, there fine when it comes to something with a singular answer, they just don’t what to think outside the box. Although after the two days I have spent there a couple of them are getting the hang of it, hopefully this should spread to the rest, as they clearly must know more English than other schools as they are being taught at a much higher level than elsewhere. I’ll have to do some more investigating when I got back, possibly try to watch a lesson, as it will give me an idea of how they are being taught. They were both only very short visits so not much to report here. On a slightly different note, I was having some poppadoms as a snack the other night and they go soft really quick so need a good biting to tear some off.  So I was eating some thinking ‘this tastes odd’, I put the poppadom up to the candle light to see a moths face and partial wing fragments: I’d just eaten half a moth. There not small here either. All the insects are huge, apart from a tiny, indestructible, red ant. So if anyone is thinking of visiting here, be careful if you are eating at night time.

Teaching numbers to the younger children.

No comments:

Post a Comment