Monday 3 September 2012

departure

Departure

 

So, I'm heading out tomorrow for Nepal, just got a swift seven hour coach ride then quick thirteen hour flight first, which I'm looking forward to!
I've been spending the last couple of weeks trying to get things ready mainly deciding what teaching resources I could need. I finally decided on a shed load of laminated flash cards, which took the best part of four days to make, thanks to my awful laminater, and weigh a ton. 

I eventually got round to getting my vaccinations this week. Apparently I only needed typhoid and hepatitis, although there has just been a cholera outbreak but it was the otherside of the country so I should be OK. I was told my the doctor to get my rabies injection in Nepal as it would save me a lot of money but her advise was 'just stay away from dogs' which I'm a little concerned about but I will certainly be following that advice. 
Apart form that little bit of apprehension I'm really looking forward to going and hopefully when I get there I should have a lot more to write about.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment