Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas



Christmas

I got back into Pokhara in the afternoon but went to Rim’s family house first (Mahendra’s wife). It was really nice there she even had some balloons, Christmas beads and a little Christmas tree. O yeah and a really tasty cake, which I appreciated a lot, as I love cake and cake in Nepal is, well, perhaps awful isn’t quite a bad enough word. It was a really good evening though we had drinks on the roof and ate cake and pasta. The pasta was awesome instead of pasta sauce Rim fried the pasta and veg in soy sauce. I’d highly recommend it. After that I went out to some of the bars in Pokhara with Rim’s brother Dhan. It was a good night. 
Form Christmas day I spent the day on a very long and slow bar crawl spending most of my time reading. However, in one place there was a group of American girls who said I can’t spend Christmas alone, so invited themselves to sit down. They were nice and, bizarrely, had Cluedo with them. I stayed with them for a while them went for a Christmas dinner of a very tasty vegetable burger. I wasn’t very hungry because when you drink in happy hour you always get something free, like popcorn, crisps, chips, nuts, etc, so I was rather full all day. The good thing about Pokhara is that there are always a lot of tourists to chat to. I spent the evening going on another tour of bars and meeting the Americans again. Then in the tradition of Christmas went sleep about 10 o’clock.

Anyways I’m back in Tansen now but schools closed again for another holiday. But I’m of India after New Year to renew my visa, which should be good.

Fishtail on Christmas eve evening

No comments:

Post a Comment