Saturday 22 December 2012

Mahachap




Mahachap
Dancing
Lunch time
After the old teacher training I had to pop to Pokhara for two days to renew my visa but, as mentioned earlier I was ill a bit when I came back for my visit to Mahachap was delayed for three days. I eventually got there though. However, it was only for two days and both of those days were half days but I managed to get the twinning programme done, even if it did take 5 lessons. With the other two lessons I had available I spent the time in the nursery playing with the Lego and foam block and outside with the nursery children painting on the walls with mud. It was good. I mentioned in the teacher training commentary about the sever lack of decoration in classrooms but the surprising abundance of posterage in the staffrooms (28 of them). I asked why this was and why the posters weren’t in the classrooms and was told that the children would rip them and that the teachers used them for lessons – some of them were dusty and there were several of the same ones. Also as I had taken them a big map of the world to give to them, I refused to give it them unless they put up the posters from the staffroom. They agreed but I’ll have to follow it up I’m gonna go back next time with a hammer and some nails, just to make sure. Yeah so the reason I could only go for two days and not a week: school was closed for exams and holidays for ten days after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment