Wednesday 10 October 2012

Shree Amrit









Shree Amrit


The morning assembly

After Bhalebas I travelled to Amrit higher secondary school with Soren, a guy who I met in Bhalebas and who became my part-time assistant, now that Joti has had to travel home for a few days. He is 30 if I remember correctly and works as a farmer at his home. He is a sound guy though and I’ll probably see work with him on and off throughout my time here.
After my welcome, there was three more piles of flowers on a table

Amrit is a very big but very good school, especially in the English department which is headed by two male teachers. This two are without a doubt the most proactive teachers I have encounter so far. I was solicited with questions about the correct way to say things in English, when certain words should be used, etc. There was also a lot of questions about the history of England including one on the common wealth, which I struggled to answer but have since found out what I said was pretty much correct. As this is a higher secondary it is up to Year 11. During my three days here I taught Years 4-11. The higher years were certainly different to my experience of teaching reception children in England; however, it was surprisingly good, they were very interactive and you could tell that they wanted to be in school and to learn, unlike a lot of what I remember from high school.

Trying to learn names
easily the best dancer in the village


No comments:

Post a Comment