Wednesday 10 October 2012

Jekhsang



Jekhsang

After Amrit we travelled to Jekhsang where I met up with Joti again. Jekhsang is a lower secondary school but on a bigger scale to Bhalebas. I only spent a little of my time teaching in the school here, the teachers seemed somewhat elusive to when I could teach so I only managed a few lessons during my time here. Mainly due to waiting around as things seemed to be delayed a lot. Hopefully, on my next visit I will get more chance to teach. I managed to teach in every class though, doing some games with colour, expressions, and, of course, the twinning programme. I feel I should say a quick word on that, as I feel I have forgotten so far. I won’t go into a detailed explanation as I am sure most people know what it involved: the correspondence of letter between a school in England and a school elsewhere, in this case, obviously, Nepal. As I am re-staring, or in most cases starting, the programme here in Nepal, the lessons I have been conducting have consisted on an introduction to the concept and the creation of an introductory letter from the children in Nepal to the English schools. These letters contain a brief introduction from the children about themselves, the school and the village. I’ve left the content of the letters pretty much up to the children by asking them what they would like to tell the children in England, obviously I did some subtly hinting to start them off. After my three days in Jekhsang I headed to Pipaldanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment