Saturday 22 December 2012

Bhalebass



Bhalebass
The school entrance
I think the lack of teaching recently was making me really miserable, as I feel so much better after taking some classes there. I always did find when I wasn’t teaching at home I got really bored and very lethargic.
I only had one and half days there but I managed to teach all the children. I know you’re on tenterhooks to know what I did, so:
The 'White Lake', it's when the clouds in the
morning fill the valley

·       Year 8 – The teacher was having concerns about how to teach Australian animals, so I offered to have a go. The chapter in the textbook had pictures of four animals, Koala, Echidna, Platypus and Emu, with a short description. Before they knew what we were doing I made them put the textbooks away, then described the animals and read the description. They then had to try and draw the animal from the description and the notes I had scribbled on the board. The Echidna’s were all very good actually, the rest not so much. Well apart from the children who cheated and looked at the textbook on the sly. I only had 5 mins to think of the lesson, but I think it went well.
·       Year 7 – we played the number game from countdown, they are very good here at mathematics, but not problem solving;
·       Year 6 – We played a proposition board game;
·       Year 5 – we made individual preposition posters, by drawing an object and sticking a foam animal sticker in the correct place, e.g. next to, inside, on top;
·       Year 4 – preposition games, using toy animals to be the first child to place the animal in the correct place in relation to their body, e.g. in their pocket, on their heads, under their foot;
·       Year 2 and 3 – we looked at different animals then draw pictures to take home;
·       Year 1 – we used mud to write name and paint pictures on a wall;
Some of the little chickens doing mud painting
·       Nursery – we used mud to do hand prints and generally colour in the wall.
Also the food at Bhalebass is amazing! The dude who owns the cafe went to India to learn to cook, so he makes proper curry, stir fried veg and salad. I miss salad so much here.

They also gave me a very fancy waistcoat made from Palpa fabric as a leaving present.
The waistcoat just makes you pose like this
 

No comments:

Post a Comment